APLICACIÓN DE YESO
The short Video Link illustrates how standard drywall compound is troweled onto the interior of an Omni Block wall.
See below individual photos with specific instructions regarding the finishing of Omni Block interiors.
- Drywall-to-block transitions taped exactly as though it were drywall-to-drywall.
- Photo shows a block wall covered with drywall compound intersecting with an adjacent exposed block wall (Omni Brick). All electrical outlets are flush with the final drywall finish.
- Filler strips are affixed (glued or screwed) to the top plate and then taped and textured. Typical corner bead is recommended for all interior corners by applying drywall compound to the interior of the corner bead and then placing onto the corner. Drywall compound acts as the glue and maintains the corner beads placement permanently extremely well.
- Corner bead is used around all window and door openings utilizing the same technique as noted above.
- Whatever the desired texture, it is applied over both the block and the drywall for a seamless finish.
- Once the desired texture coat is applied and prepared, it is ready to be primed and painted.
If the drywall contractor is “worth his salt” no one has ever been able to differentiate between what is block covered with drywall compound and what is drywall, without of course, first tapping on the wall.